Electronic Check Conversion
Save time, get paid faster, and never again worry whether or not a check is going to clear.
With conversion with guarantee, your point of sale transactions can be “approved” on the spot just like a credit card and we accept the risk on the check clearing. If we approve it, your deposit is guaranteed.
- Back office conversion: Ideal for businesses who have to handle a large volume of checks. Back office conversion is the process by which checks are scanned in for deposit rather than manually brought to the bank.
- Point of sale conversion: For businesses that take a check as a form of payment in a retail environment, a point of sale conversion allows you to run the card through a check reader attached to your credit card terminal and instantly deposit it, or optionally, deposit with guarantee.
- Conversion with guarantee: Available for point of sale conversion in retail type settings, this service allows for a real-time “approval / decline” like with a credit card. If it approves, the funds are guaranteed to you, the collection is on us.
So why pay for electronic check conversion when its “free” to process a check manually? Simply put, its not “free” to manually process a check. If you only get the occasional check its nearly free, but if you deal with a volume of checks, the point of electronic check conversion is that it reduces your overall cost in the following manner:
- Save time: It’s not “free” to deposit a check. There is time spent bringing a check to the bank for deposit. There is also the manual process of making sure the check clears. You are currently paying to process checks one way or another.
- Save money: Reduce your banking fees by having checks batch deposited. Also, save bounced check fees.
- Get paid faster: By scanning them in, you typically save one day in processing the check, meaning the funds are in your bank account sooner.
- Better accuracy and reporting: checks are easy when they come in one at a time, but when they come in volume, you know tracking and reporting can become a headache. Electronic deposits generate a record that can be followed.
- Reduced losses: Account info is verified real time. Checks are instantly verified against a database of bad check writers, reducing bounced checks and fraud. And if the check does not clear, it will be resubmitted up to 3 times to improve collections.
There are a lot of companies called "Merchant Solutions" make sure you are contacting the right one. If you’ve found this page, you may have the wrong “Merchant Solutions”. And we mean that in more way than one. There are hundreds of companies in the payment...
Credit Card Processing 101 – 5 simple steps you can do to reduce your credit card processing fees, starting today By Andrew Moran, CPP “Credit or debit?” Far too often when I go to a retail location that accepts debit cards, I hear “credit or debit?” While it seems...
High ticket requests and held funds – what businesses should know Congratulations business owner, you’ve just made a big sale! You ran your buyers credit card, waited tensely for those few seconds as the transaction processes, and… APPROVED! You smile and think to...